The Dog Aid Society of Scotland has been helping dogs for over 50 years
The Dog Aid Society of Scotland is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Founded in 1956, we re-home dogs and promote responsible dog ownership throughout Scotland.
The Dog Aid Society of Scotland is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Our premises are based in Edinburgh and we do not have kennel facilities.
We re-home dogs on a home from home basis. We do not have kennel facilities so ask you to look after the dog until a new home can be found. This means your dog will go straight into its new home alleviating the stress and anxiety a lot of dogs suffer when going into kennels. Please check our Dog Re-Homing page for more details..
- To find loving new homes for dogs which cannot be maintained in their present homes and which might otherwise be euthanased.
- To give information on every aspect of dog ownership.
- To provide Veterinary Aid for those in need.
- To help reduce the number of unwanted dogs by providing Neutering Vouchers.
- To encourage responsible dog ownership by providing dog waste disposal bags as part of the Society’s Dog Fouling Project.
The Society provides dog waste disposal bags.
Bags are available for a donation from our office at Blackford Avenue.
The Society provides financial assistance to dog owners who are on a low income. To see if you qualify for a £50 voucher to go towards the cost of neutering your male dog or £75 for your female dog or to find out about Veterinary Aid Scheme if your dog needs vet treatment.
WHO WE ARE
The DASS Staff Team:
C Rodger – Administrator K Langley – Co-ordinator H Jones- Welfare Officer W Stone- Treasurer
The DASS Board of Trustees:
M E Bruce Iain Butt Jane Spurgeon