The Dog Aid Society of Scotland has been helping dogs for over 50 years
The Dog Aid Society is an independent Charity based in Edinburgh. Founded in 1956, we re-home dogs and promote responsible dog ownership throughout Scotland.
The Dog Aid Society of Scotland is a registered charity founded in 1956. Our premises are based in Edinburgh and we do not have kennel facilities.
We re-home dogs on a home from home basis. We do not have kennel facilities so ask you to look after the dog until a new home can be found. This means your dog will go straight into its new home alleviating the stress and anxiety a lot of dogs suffer when going into kennels. Please check our Dog Re-Homing page for more details..
- To find loving new homes for dogs which cannot be maintained in their present homes and which might otherwise be euthanased.
- To give information on every aspect of dog ownership.
- To provide Veterinary Aid for those in need.
- To help reduce the number of unwanted dogs by providing Neutering Vouchers.
- To encourage responsible dog ownership by providing dog waste disposal bags as part of the Society’s Dog Fouling Project.
The Society provides dog waste disposal bags.
Bags are available for a donation from our office at Blackford Avenue.
The Society provides financial assistance to dog owners who are on a low income. To see if you quality for a £50 voucher to go towards the cost of neutering your dog or to find out about Veterinary Aid Scheme if your dog needs vet treatment.
WHO WE ARE
The DASS Staff Team:
L Taylor- Secretary C Rodger- Administrator H Jones- Welfare Officer W Stone- Treasurer
The DASS Board of Directors:
Kate Thomas – Chair A P Harkess M E Bruce Iain Butt
Jane Spurgeon Jane Aldous David Ferguson Sheila Godman